Kubota ZD Seat Upgrade

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Saxman, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Saxman

Saxman LawnSite Member

I noticed a seat mounting bolt was broken on my 2004 ZD21 this weekend. I contacted my dealer and was told that Kubota has a seat mount upgrade package out that updates the seat mount and addtional shocks for seat along with hardened mounting bolts. Have any of you guys heard of this kit? It will be installed under warranty.

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

No I have never heard of any seat problems on the ZDs. I have over 800 hrs on mine and the seat is just fine.

3. Saxman

Saxman LawnSite Member

You might want to check with your local Kubota dealer, it was news to me also. I have tried to let the air pressure down in the tires but caused some scalping concerns in my yard. The service manager told me it would take about one hour to install this kit when they get it, on backorder at this time. That indicates to me a pretty large demand for the upgrade out there.

4. Saxman

Saxman LawnSite Member

Just an update. I took my ZD21 to the dealer and they installed a new, much heavier seat mount system. The plate that the seat assembly mounts to has been upgraded with a different system for the seat to mount to, using upgraded bolts. Anybody having seat mount bolts breaking should check with their dealer for this warranty upgrade.