Kubota ZD

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by specialtylc, Jun 15, 2006.

1. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a ZD28 with 60 inch deck, I bought it this spring. Have had a ZD21 with the stamped deck for 4 years. I was not happy with the way the pro deck was dispersing the clippings in taller, thick lawns. The old stamped deck was better. So I called my dealer about it and he contacted the factory. They sent some really high lift blades (which my dealer paid for) for us to try. What a difference. They really did the trick. Now clippings are dispersed nice and even with no clumps across 12 to 15 ft area. Just thought I would pass this along to the other ZDpro deck owners.

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Were you running the standard OEM blades in the past???

I've got two 28 / 60", a 2004 and a new 2006 and have never had problems with clumps, except in heavy rain.

I didn't even know there WAS such a thing as high lift blades for these mowers.

3. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

.... What was the mfg. and model of those blades? Have had similar experiences in fields, having to cut it twice in two directions.

Thanks for the info :).

4. specialtylc

They are a Kubota factory part.I didnt write down the number before I mounted them up. The original blades were what you get for the Pro deck, which have more lift than the blades for the stamped deck. The original blades are kind of wavy. The new high lifts I got have the notch in the back side so the sail can be bent into them.
    Today I was cutting thick ,lush lawn. Actual amount being cut off was 6 to 8 inches. I was amazed at how this deck performed with the new blades.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

So they are a notched highlift?

6. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

PLEASE do whatever it takes to get us ZD owners a part number for these "new" blades - I'm very curious !!!!!!:usflag:

7. specialtylc

I will call my dealer monday to get the part number. Im curious. My ZD21 with the stamped deck, I put in the speed up gears like the pro deck and it didnt have enough power to handle the standard high lift blades that come with the pro deck. Does your 21 have enough power?

8. specialtylc

Here is the blade part number K5647-34350. There is also an update for the deck. Its a small baffle plate # K5647-93102.

9. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

My opinion, unlike some others, is it has plenty of power. The other day I was cutting 6-8 inch fescue - SOAKING WET - with no problems cutting or dispersing the grass - with the help of Fluid Film, of course !!!!:usflag:

10. rufaast

rufaast LawnSite Member

Does anyone know how to tell what year your ZD mower is?

Thanks,