Kubota ZD21 bagger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by otlc, Sep 11, 2003.

1. otlc

otlc LawnSite Member

Does anyone out there have a Kubota bagger system with their ZD21? If so, what are the pros and cons? I am having a lot of trouble with mine, and wish I never bought it. It tows behind like a trailer, and does not vacuum well in damp or thick grass. It makes the operator look like a big pile of grass clippings after use. Heard from someone already and advice is GREATLY appreciated!!! As far as the mower, I couldn't ask for a better one. It's a dream!!!!!!!

2. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

For $5,200.00 canadian. The dealer can keep it. Glad I didn't buy one. I do like my zd21 though.

3. pokemon

pokemon LawnSite Member

Local dealer wants $2000 for that kind of money I just explain to customers that request bagging about the advantages. If they still insist on bagging I look for another account.

If you bagging system is giving that much problems check to see if its still under warranty or contact Kubota Corporate customer service to resolve problem. Good luck

Pokemon

4. Commongroundlm

Commongroundlm LawnSite Member

hey i read your post about the zd21 and unfortunatly i had one to and it was real garbage most the time. When it was wet at all it gets clogged im convinced this is because of the huge deck volume going in through that shitty plastic turbine. I sold mine and bought a walker im still a little weirded out about owning a mower just for bagging but i have noticed a huge need and it works amazing. Its been clogged only twice... ever. Good luck my advice is its still better to keep it then sell it id actually buy mine back because you only need bagging every once and a while.

5. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Alot of things happen in 7 yrs bud. :)