1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kubota Zd21 Demo!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IBGreen, Mar 14, 2003.

1. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed this thing today with the 60 in. deck. Man it is great. Hydraulic deck lift, I ran it through some really thick stuff and it never bogged. It cut perfectly, never left a blade standing. Then we ran it on the side of a hill, actually part of a really huge ditch and it never even started to slide, it stuck like a magnet. On flat ground it will mow its @$$ off. The blade engagment is soooo smooth, it has to be the quietest mower I've ever ran. I give it a 10. I can get this mower with the fab deck for $9,800 or so. Good deal eh? We are going up to Kubota Tuesday to see about picking one up. Oh and the dealer is about 10 minutes from my house.
  2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I think their running a 0% interest plan now, for 36 months, sounds interesting.
  3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Which engine did the demo have?
  4. IBGreen

5. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

You can work em a little on that price--9100 excact same mower at Tag equip. Chatt.,Tn.
  6. IBGreen

$9,100 with the fab. deck? I'm going to TN.
  7. ColdBrew

ColdBrew LawnSite Member

I went to Athens, TN but that seems like a good price, I'll give them a call too when I'm ready to pull the trigger. Any particular sales man I should talk to?
  8. jbrink01

jbrink01 LawnSite Member

I demo'd the same thing on Saturday. I was very dissapointed in the cut quality compared to my Toro Z253. I ran it out of power cutting up a fairly steep hill (not tall grass), and on a side hill that I cut every week with the Toro I slid into a water filled ditch with the ZD21.

Any idea why it left dandelion stalks that my Toro takes off? What could have been wrong. Quiet motor, rode great, uses little fuel, but no sale.

$9200 and 0% at Schweissguth Bros. John Deere / Kubota in Union Missouri.
  9. ColdBrew

ColdBrew LawnSite Member

Went by there (Tag's) yestarday to get some price quotes. Seems pretty good but not $9100 good.

I got
    ZD18-54 $8,400
    ZD21FP-60 $9,400 :(
    ZD28FP-60 $10,300

I'm really wanting the 28-60. Hopefully I'll get to buy one early June (after we close on our new home). I wonder if I can get him to throw in a mulch kit discounted?

Thanks for the info!

BTW the guy in athens was $300-$500 higher on every ZD.
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Was this diesel, or gas? I think if it was gas, I would opt for more than 21 hp. I can't see this thing pushing two hydros, and a 60 in. deck with very much power for very long. I would want to know what OTHER size motors they have available, then maybe leave the price a little closer to what it is. I've heard that tey are nice units, though. There is a guy that cuts a few doors down from me. Actually, it is two older guys that went in like as a partnership type deal. They had a couple of Scag Z's the last 2 years. I saw them cutting over there yesterday, because I recognized the truck and the orange mowers. Only when they pulled out, I then saw that the orange wasn't the Scag orange. It was Kubota orange with two brand new units on the back. I'll make it a point to talk to him sometime over the course of the season, and ask him about them, too. Nice guy.