Kubota ZD21 does not want to turn

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Edleblanc, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Edleblanc

Edleblanc LawnSite Member
    from houston

I have a Kubota ZD21. It is fairley new (I am too far from a repair place). The turning is getting bad. as I try the left side it is weak. I have checked the transmission fluid under the seat and it is full. I need some help to find out what is wrong and how to repair it (the ZD21 mower has only 75 hours). It did set up all winter. Everything else works fine except for the turning.,....it was so zippy before.
    My e mail is ed10@cebridge.net
    Ed

2. Edleblanc

from houston

I have a Kubota ZD21. It is fairley new (I am too far from a repair place). The turning is getting bad. as I try the left side it is weak. I have checked the transmission fluid under the seat and it is full. I need some help to find out what is wrong and how to repair it (the ZD21 mower has only 75 hours). It did set up all winter. Everything else works fine except for the turning.,....it was so zippy before.
    My e mail is ed10@cebridge.net
    Ed[/QUOTE]

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Kubota ZTR's have had a history of hydrostatic trans. problems. You had better get it back to the dealer.

4. Edleblanc

from houston

That is the problem...I have no way to bring it to a dealer. Thanks for you trying to help. I am begening to think it is adjustment related or filter? I need to know from somone that really knows this baby

5. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you called the dealer? You might have to just rent a trailer and get it there.

6. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Most all hydro. drive units can be ran anywhere from 200 to 500 hrs. before the first hydro. filter and fluid change. The only thing I will say is check your hydro. drive belt and make sure it's tight and not slipping. Other than that take everybody's advise and find some way to get it to a dealer. A hydro. system is nothing a novice wants to get into. I had a man last week had the same problem on a MTD PRO, He went out and bought $1300 worth of hydro. pumps and tried to install them himself. It cost him little over $600 to have me go back over the whole job and install 2 "O" rings he left out, When all was done the only problem I found was a bad belt. :dizzy:

If they have problems as Mowingman stated best you find some way to get it back to your dealer.