Kubota Zd21 Price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JPLAWNSERVICE, Jun 14, 2004.

JPLAWNSERVICE LawnSite Member

I have been looking at a kubota zd21 with the 60in. 7gage deck for a local club that I help maintain. The local dealer wants $9500 for it and says that we can demo it no problem. Does this sound like a good price for this unit? Also looked at a scag turf tiger with 60in. deck and 27hp kaw. for $8900 but the scag dealer won't let me demo so I said forget it.
  2. Top Notch

Top Notch LawnSite Member

my local Kubota dealer quoted me 9400 on that machine.

I have a trailer full of Scags, but seriously for 8900 bucks, I'd step up to a Kubota for a few bucks more.

I've been doing the reasearch and I'm seriously considering trading my Scag Z for a Kubota 60 inch diesel ZTR. The Kubota has some features that are better than any other brand.
  3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a very good price. Give it a demo and you will BUY it.
  4. CELS

CELS LawnSite Member
    from KY

I also think that is a good price around my neck of the woods.

JPLAWNSERVICE LawnSite Member

Thanks for all of the replies. I also thought it was a good price and we are pretty set on the kubota but we still want to demo it just to make sure we will be happy with it. I don't think I have ever heard anybody say anything bad about any kubota. I will try and let you know what we think after we demo it.
  6. Dupontcar

Dupontcar LawnSite Member

I was just quoted $9600 delivered for the kubota ZD21. Demo it, its awesome.
  7. marvinlee

marvinlee LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

We paid $8700 for ours two years ago, but that was when dollars were worth more, and the unit came with the stamped steel deck.

Not so incidentally, we had a steel hydraulic line crack just after the warranty expired. Replacement cost was $265, including pickup and delivery. I have heard of other cracked steel lines. You might ask your dealer for a longer dealer warranty on the steel hydraulic lines. There are several such lines, and at $265 a pop the replacement cost can be significant.