Kubota ZD21

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wglawncare, Sep 23, 2006.

1. wglawncare

wglawncare LawnSite Member

I am looking at purchasing a Kubota ZD21. The fall closeout price is $10,000 brand new. I have demoed one along with all other types of brands and Kubota in my opinion is by far the best. Anyone else have this machine or can think of a better zero turn mower?

2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

They are $9100.00 w/Prodeck here in Tennessee - tell your dealer to "tighten up". :usflag:

3. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

I demoed a new diesel and thought it was a rattle trap compared to my hustler, the airport here used to use them and swithed to Hustler's.The Air port grounds keeper pretty much came to what I new in 2 seconds the Hustler chasses is way more durable with way less maintenance. He thought they were so good but after buying the Super realized they were junk in comparison!

4. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

Wait for the 2007s to come out ...new deck design.

5. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

I respectfully disagree with every word you mention above. Rattle trap - I doubt that. The groundskeeper bought the Hustler because the Hustler dealer outbid the Kubota dealer. :usflag:

6. REALSLOW

from FLORIDA

I am in the market for a new mower and went down and looked at a Kubota. I like the way they look but the chasses in my opinion was way more complicated than I like and when in use the machine ratteled alot, I had seen enough. I looked at them because the Hustler diesel is to heavy and the Super z seems like it would not be enough motor for a 72 with a 28 or 30 gasser. I went back to my Hustler dealer and talked to him about the 72 Supers and he said you can talk to the airport I have sold them many. I called the head grounds keeper at the airport and he say's they used to use Kubota and he said he thought they were so good but then bought the Hustler Super and said the chasses was so much tougher and reliable it was not close. I never mentioned I was even considering a Kubota because I was not after I looked at all the stuff to go wrong with it and how hard it was to work on. They are great looking mowers however.

This is nothing new another outfit around town owns Scag,Lesco,Hustler and just this season bought 4 new Bad Boy's. The crew leader told me the 2 year old Hustler's were less problems than the new Bad Boy's and said the H super chasses was way less problems than any of the others.

7. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Something in one of the post between you and realslow is incorrect so which one would it be, the goundskeeper bought Hustler because of a lower bid or the groundskeeper bought Hustler because he thought it was a better built machine, which tale is true.

8. REALSLOW

from FLORIDA

I don't care what the reason was he bought the Hustlers all I know is he told me they were made way better than the Kubotas they used to use. He told me to come out and try one with a 28 EFI and see if it was enough power for me. He said for the airport it was just fine and the guys cannot tear the Hustlers up but dam sure could tear the Kubotas up.

9. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

As far as I,m concerned... That Kubota Chassis I s Bullet proof....I bet the rattel was the Rops Self locking nuts are lose ,had the same rattel on mine.
    Imo The machine Is some what ok The hydros can give you a bit of troubles .
    The main bad thing about them Is the Pro deck design...Like I have said ...I had a Kubota rep here and he told me that a whole new deeper deck and design Is coming out In 07...I would not buy another one unless they can show me what they did diferent to the deck design...plus the hydros.
    Should be an interesting year coming up .
    I will have my eyes on the Exmark ,Sgag and the Kubota.

10. mowingtowing

mowingtowing LawnSite Member

there is a guy about 40 mins south of DC selling a kubota diesel zero turn 60" with under 200 hrs for 6k. Just thought id let the world know. I found him on craigslist