Kubota ZD28 Pro60 Deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grass Man, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

Kubota ZD28 Pro60 deck

.... On a Kubota ZD28 Pro60 deck. How often do you “BREAK”, REPLACE or CHANGE (Hours) your Pro deck belt and what has been your cost :cry:?

2. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a ZD 21 Pro 60 and haven't brkon any belts. Hour are 1100 currently.
    Do you have a 28??? How do you like it??

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I've got 423 hours on my ZD28 / 60, no deck belts broken yet.

Did dump a spindle at 6 hours though.

Other than that, nothing wrong.

4. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

.... Yes, Love it, In my option you couldn't own a better machine. There may be other machines out their that can do something better. But, over all, I don't think you can beat the Kumoto Dragon. Quality all the way :).

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Don't waste your time trying to figure belt life. Just go ahead and keep a spare or two all the time. I have had belts last hundreds and hundreds of hours and then finally break and the new replacement belt turn around and break within 30 hours and it doesn't matter in the least the name brand of the machines as belts come and go.

6. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Just replaced ours...3 seasons around 400 hrs...cost I didn't even look but I think around 60.00 dollars....oh yeah you have to remove the deck and take the bracket off the gear box to change it.....stupid set up...I don't think I would buy another...love the engine but the hydralics have a lot to be desired....give me a pump and motor setup that I can work on if needed...note...bought a new scag 61 29 Kaw fuel injected unit on Sat. gonna put it to work tomm.