Kubota ZD28F72 vs. SCAG Sabre Tooth

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Precision Mowing, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Precision Mowing

Precision Mowing LawnSite Member

I will be chosing between these 2 ZTR's, with a 72" deck. I'm leaning towards the SCAG, but I would like to hear the opinions of those who have used either or both of these machines.

The Kubota has a standard 28HP 3-cyl Diesel, whereas I would have to chose between the 31HP gas or Diesel on the SCAG.

What do you guys think?

2. NEAL ANDREWS

NEAL ANDREWS LawnSite Member

I Have A Zd25 60pro Deck Excelant Machine ,but It Is Low Hours

3. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

.... I have used both and I prefer the Kubota. Once you try it you'll love it. Just the ride along should settle the question. Not to mention all the other features :).

.... Good luck on your choice.

4. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Scag will hold up longer.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Go with the Big Cat. Its the only scag i like. Lots of power with a better bagger.
    John

Try the 31 TURBO diesel you will be amazed!!!!

6. rgjlawn

rgjlawn LawnSite Member
    from midwest

no way no way in he## will the scag hold up longer than the ZD. :sleeping:

7. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed both and bought the 31hp turbo diesel tiger. The kubota was cheaper but sets higher like my exmark( which gets loose on hills), Its body rattled and its noticably slower. The Scag is made in America which is important to Me, uses a simple, common sense design that I can fix, You don't have to stop to raise the deck,
    and my dealer is 10 minutes away.

8. slicksilverado01

slicksilverado01 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

get the scag you cant go wrong.

9. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

The Kubotas are made right here in the USA. Gorgia. And you dont have to stop to raise the deck on a Kubota. The Kubota has alot more features than the Scag that will give a better cut...........

10. joshetal

joshetal LawnSite Member

The bota! Hydro deck is really easy to raise on the fly. We have one 3 cyl Kubota with more than 4500 hours. No engine maint....PERIOD. We're using the zd28pro with a 72" deck. You just cannot imagine how efficient and productive this monster is. Got off it about an hour ago. 7 hours ONE tank of fuel. GO with the Kubota.