1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Kubota ZD326 Problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenscapes inc., Jul 4, 2007.

1. greenscapes inc.

greenscapes inc. LawnSite Member
    from Utah

Ok for you diesel mechanics... I bought a new zd326 about 2 weeks ago. Today I was mowing with it and I noticed that my right side fuel tank was getting low so I switched to the left. After about a min. it sputtered and quit. So I thought that I had shut off the fuel but after looking I didn't. I cranked it and after about 30 secs it fired up. From there on it ran like crap. No power, sputtering and just not running right. So i continued to run it to see if it would fix itself some how and it never did. Finally I loaded it on my truck and it almost didn't make it up the ramp at full throttle. I drive to my shop to unload it and the thing starts and runs perfect. I ran it for about 15 min. and no problems whatsoever.
    I'm stumped and I don't know alot about diesel motors. What are your thoughts?

2. Campbell's Lawn Service

Campbell's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Sounds like there was an air bubble in the line. Can't tell you why it happened when you switched tanks though. I know that if I run my zd 21 or 28 out of fuel this same thing always happens. The quickest way to bleed the line is loosen the fuel injectors one at a time just a little bit. this lets the air escape and lets them fill with fuel again.

3. wall

wall LawnSite Member

removed reply