Kubota ZD326"S" or ZD326"P"??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, May 3, 2008.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

For those of you that have bought the new Kubota ZD326 this year, did you get one WITH an "S" after the 326? Or nothing after the 326?

It's obvious, so if you don't know what I'm talking about and got a mower this year, you got the "P".

Just wondering if anyone's gotten the "S" version yet?

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe the "P" in the model desigination stands for Pro series deck. So what is the "S" supposed to be?

3. LwnmwrMan22

No, the difference is the "S" model comes with front tires that you put air in, like the old style, plus it's 1.2 mph slower in forward speed.

The "P" model has zero flat front tires and does 10.6 mph forward, instead of the 9.4 mph that the "S" model does.

Plus the "S" model is $500 +/- cheaper from my dealer, more once he starts to sharpen his pencil.

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

wwe have the flat free front tires, ordered them with this option. i love it, anything i can do to keep from down time. they are a little rougher and bouncier, but like i said, no down time. seems like we alwyas had flats on fronts of mowers. my new stander has them on it too, thank god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

All the ZD300 series mowers came with those changes from day one. Example read any of the sales literature from 2 years ago. By the way my ZD331P60 has everything its supposed to.

6. AC Man

AC Man LawnSite Member

I just bought a new 326 S with air tires because it has a softer ride and I saved 500 bucks.The first day I used it I got a flat :eek: What are the odds?

7. LwnmwrMan22

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

8. AC Man

AC Man LawnSite Member

I'll go you one better. After removing the wheel from the Kubota the day after I bought it and taking it back to the dealer for repairs.It is flat again today.Not cool anymore.Tomorrow :hammerhead:they better come to me and fix it.

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

that is pretty darn funny. that is why we got the no flats. peace of mind at least for the front. i would like them for the rear if they made them, i think they do for some sizes, but they are not cheap at all

10. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Yup, dont miss that at all. Pain in the but is all .I would have to think without the flat frees on the Kubotas you will run in to this alot because of its size and weight.