Kubota ZD331 / 72" review (5 years)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

Is everything equal on the bad boy? Warranty? Financing? Have they got the cut better than it was a few years ago? Reason I ask is there are no commercial cutter here using them at all.

2. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

here are a number of them on here that do.

3. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

The 8400.00 figure I quoted was 7999.00 plus tax.

4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Bad Boy is not an equal mower in my opinion(you get what you pay for). I have extensive design, fabrication, assembly and welding experience so I have a keen eye which is very very picky(to picky). They keep there costs down by limiting there designs using basic fabrication/assembly techniques. This doesn't always equal the best design for durability and strength but keeps production costs down, thus lowering the end cost to the consumer. I would say Bad Boy is worth what they sell them for but you can't compare them to other top manufacturers that build machines stronger than they have to be and spend a ton on R&D. Cut quality would also be a concern for me as why would they spend any more money on that aspect instead of build design, but who knows? BB customer service has been horrific with many stories on this site.

This is just my personal opinion for what it's worth. Others will say BB builds the best machine out there and just sells it cheaper. I think most people can figure out why on there own...

5. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Ok badboy is a piece of crap, cant weld, china steel, wobbly blades, clone trans and motors from china, simply cant cut grass, dont warranty anything, charge fortune for cheaper chinese parts, painted with spray can, and should only be carried at the chinese go cart places. Thats why nearly every school district, city municipalty, factory, and lco here has one on their trailer and nearly every homeowner here talks about getting one at work during their lunch breaks. We sold over 50 to people to people that work at kimberly clark alone here this year, and sold 48 in one day this year. they said it was the main conversation at lunch. I had over 50 people that put deposits down and badboy couldnt even get their machines here for over athe month cause they were so far behind in production. We had 5 people buy that had scag demoes at there location, one guy been researching for 3 months pestering me to death till he got the 28hp cat turf tiger and the badboy side by side at his house and said the badboy was heavier built, cut better, rode 10 times better, and was a no brainer at what the gas scag was selling for. Exmark dealer is telling everyone they cant believe we are sellong so many because they are more expensive than theirs...lol. i have guys telling me what pos's their botas, exmarks, and other mowers are compared to their badboys, i am sure that goes both ways too i have a few guys that tried them and got a bad taste in their mouth just like in all things, just saying they are formidle now as a mower in the industry unless all these guys including me are complete morons, so issue solved stay as far away from badboy as you can now back to the kubota thread. I apologize to op i should've just pmed the guy that had a question about the mowers i carry
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  6. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know much about BB mowers, but that's a BOLD statement comparing them to a 28 hp Cat TT...

7. retrodog

Again after him using both was his opinion. He was worried about the gearbox shaft compared to the belt, but after blowing through wet tall grass he saw no difference that was his concern. Since he doesnt post on net, i guess i can give his phone number so yall can call him to bash his opinion to the ground....
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

No... I could care less.. Not here to bash.. Just saying if someone is comparing a BB to a TT, that's a bold staement.. That TT cat is a heck of a mower...

9. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

There are zero BB dealers in NH. They all droped BB.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. retrodog

So is the bb now it has the new armortek deck, full functioning foot assist, and actually rides better than nearly anything out
    Posted via Mobile Device