1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Kubota ZD331 / 72" review (5 years)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, Oct 2, 2012.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Please lets get a positive and detailed BB review on LS. Lord knows hundreds of horrible BB reviews have been deleted. Seems only you and a BB dealer have anything good to say about them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. GMLC

Has Kubota's quality changed over the years? I ran a Kubota F2000 in the mid 90's with over 5000 hours. It was built like their tractors(industrial quality).
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

His zd 28 (or whatever model) didn't have issues. When he went to the zd331 he has had gearbox and many other issues.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. GMLC

Thats to bad. I hope it gets worked out as the gearboxes have always been know for longevity and was one of Kubota's good selling points.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

I have been talking with several kubota guys around my area and all they have done is praise the mowers. I have asked about gear box failure and no one has had one at least that they will admit too. I am considering one with a 72" deck but would like to hear more on the problems that are being mentioned. Same with the Deere 997. Although the deere is out of my price range I think.

6. badbart

badbart LawnSite Member

Got it back today. $142.+ for a wheel bearing installed. $66.00 for the bearing!?

7. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Wow how much was a wheel for it?

8. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

that don't make any sense. they charged you $76 labor for a 10 min job? or are these rear wheels?

9. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Thats prolly their minumum charge as a shop one hour. Just take them off next time, run up to your local purvis bearing or something and put on yourself for $15....

10. badbart

badbart LawnSite Member

No, that was ONE front wheel bearing!