1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kubota ZD331

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CAT MAN, May 11, 2008.

1. CAT MAN

CAT MAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

has anyone demoed this mower or have any experience with it??
  2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

I had one and it was my favorite mower - ever. The ONLY reason I sold it is because it is a very heavy piece of equipment - 1.800 lbs. It is designed - IMO - for use on large, open areas. Not for properties with obstacles like many trees, etc. The things I like most with the ZD series is the fuel-sippin', torque-minded diesel, most comfortable seat ever, and only ONE belt (spindles) on the machine. Kubota has produced a top quality machine with the ZD, it's just not for me and my property. :usflag:
  3. GrasMstr

GrasMstr LawnSite Member

I love the 326. Power to spare, comfortable and quick. very nice cut with new deck style.:canadaflag::cool2:
  4. CAT MAN

from PA

I want to get a 60" one and get a smaller 48" mower and a w/b 36" but I heard good things with this new ZD331, so keep the coments coming
  5. TrapperJohn

TrapperJohn LawnSite Member

Another vote of confidence for the ZD326. Powerful, well built, excellent design, easy on fuel, and the price is right. It is rather heavy, so you have to watch the quick turns or you'll rip the turf, but this sucker will climb a hill like you wouldn't believe.

I've put it through heavy grass and wet grass, and it did not bog down. Cut quality is superb.
  6. Donald A

Donald A LawnSite Member

Just got a72" deck 331 last week. I use it on my 5 acres. It is an excellent machine. The cut is very good, very comfortable and fast. This is my first zero turn, so there was a learning curve for me. I am getting pretty good at going around trees and plants. It is heavy. I was using my Kubota B7800 tractor with a 60" deck. The 331 has cut my mowing time by half, and I expect to be faster as I get more seat time. Went into Kubota to buy some filters for my tractor, had a 331 delivered the next day. 0% financing for 42 months, what a deal.
  7. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Don, I have the same mower you just purchased, by far the best on the market now. I have been at this for 15 yrs now, run scag, dixie, cub cadet and a feew others and there good machines also. I know there are several great machines out there that can match up to the Kubota, but IMO you get much more for your money. Approaching the 300hr mark, no props yet. The thing most people need to do is make shure they have the right properties for this machine, its not good for mowing much under a 1/2 acre lot.
  8. CAT MAN

from PA

ok I think my mind is set on a kubota then, heavy so it wont spin and diesel power to cut better
  9. Donald A

Donald A LawnSite Member

A little off topic, and I apologize, but....I am looking for the grease zerks for the control arms. The owners manual says there are 6 of them, I assuem 3 on each lever. I have not been able to locate them. Are you aware of where they are???
  10. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

I love the zd 331 I demoed it and it cuts great!