kubota zero turn mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by postman, Jun 18, 2006.

1. postman

postman LawnSite Member

any one use kubota zero turn mowers gas or diesel how do like them. thanks for your help.:waving:

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Been reading this forum for years and have heard mostly positive things about them. I know they are expensive and not the most popular mowers out there but if you have a good dealer that you can count on it might be a good investment. Wait till you hear from some actual owners. Nothing like first hand knowledge.

3. Bagit

Bagit LawnSite Member

Hey postman, do a search under kubota zero turn.. You should get alot of info. I dont own one so i should not comment on them...

4. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

bagit, where at in VA??????:waving:

5. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

My brother owns a lawn business as well as I. I run Toro mowers and love them. He runs all Kubota's and loves them.

I have mowed several hours on his and have formed a good opinion of them.

They are a little more quiet.

They have smooth controls but they are a little stiff for my taste.

Their engines run strong, especially the diesels (you can't beat those) but the gas engines run strong too.

Their decks do not clog very easy and give a nice even cut.

With all that being said I still like my Toro's more than the Kubota's for many reasons. But, the Kubota seems to be a good mower.

6. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Have had Kubota mowers since 1981. One thing about Kubota...we have found they stand behind the product. We currently have 3 ZD's. We have had some transmission issues with each. Kubota has realized the problem and came up with a solution as far as I can tell. They also doubled the transmission warranty on our machines. Pretty hard to beat that as far as standing by their product.
    The machines are very quiet and smooth and the diesel engines are economical to operate.
    The front can be raised by an on board jacking system so chaning blades is pretty easy. Overall I believe it to be a very well made machine.
    Good luck...

7. Bagit

Bagit LawnSite Member

Hey Palmer, I reside in the hampton roads area. Nice to meet ya.

8. Bagit

Bagit LawnSite Member

I was waiting to hear from my sister in AR when i made my first reply. She just purchased a new kubota z.. 21hp 48" deck w/mulch kit for 6000. I thought it was good deal. She loves it. I asked if she wore ear plugs, she said it was pretty quite. Mulch kit is on dealer order. I'll try to keep you posted on the results..