Kubota ZG vs Hustler Mini Super Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by montana jack, Sep 3, 2005.

1. montana jack

montana jack LawnSite Member
    from montana

Gentlemen,
    Any advise you coul offer would be appreciated. I intend to buy a ZTR shortly & have limited my choice to the above two models due to knowledge gained on this site and available dealer support in my area.
    Prices for the two are close. The Kubota has ROPS standard which I don't believe is available on the Mini Z even as an option. I have a 10 acre field with up to 25* inclines. The mini may have a lower center of gravity & may be more stable??. The Kubota also hasshaft vs belt drives for mower & transmission, hydro wt discs vs electro magnet for PTOclutch, fuel gauge, dial cutting height adjustment vs pin & hydrolic foot mower lift. The mini Z has a Kawasaki engine & the Kubota a Kholer. I own a Kubota M5700 tractor & am very satisfied with its qualit & also have had favorable dealings with the Kubota dealer. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

You are going to need to try some mowers out with slopes that steep.

In addition, with 10 acres, I think you are going to need a bigger mower.

Now I know it's your wallet and not mine, but I REALLY think you need to consider 60" & 72" mowers... both because of the 10 acres and the 25 degree slopes. The Hustler Super Z and the Kubota ZD Pro.

3. Cutter LLC

Cutter LLC LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I posted in your other thread already