Kubota ZG23-54 Zero Turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CutApproved, Jul 13, 2008.

1. CutApproved

CutApproved LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Kubota ZG23-54 Zero Turn
    2005 Kubota ZG23 S.N 11243 Zero Turn Mower with a 54in mowing deck. 23hp Kohler Twin cylinder engine

Is this a true COMMERCIAL mower? or more of a homeowner type.

LMK ASAP!

I'll attach pics. Mower has less than 100hrs

2. CutApproved

from NJ

pics of the mower

kubota.jpg

kubota engine.jpg

kubota label.jpg

3. WETSCAPE

WETSCAPE LawnSite Member

I don't like that size deck with that engine combo. I owned the same one, (are you sure of the deck size)? With that being said, I am not sure any Kubota is Homeowner grade. I have owned a few now my recent purchase an 08 ZG222 with a 48" deck. Much easier to move about. Just my 2 cents. What are they asking for the machine?

4. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

Cut isn't all that great. A couple of years ago we were using one to start out and got rid of it after our customers started complaining. Haven't had a complaint since! We literally gave it away and wrote it off as a loss. Man we gave it to got rid of it too!

5. WETSCAPE

WETSCAPE LawnSite Member

Never had this issue? Pitch was off or blades were not sharp? Perhaps cutting in wet areas as this machine is heavy. What was it doing?

6. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

We could not get the deck to level. Scalping was a problem too. Deck was same size---54". We heard the same complaints from several different customers so decided rather than losing them we'd buy something else. We own Scag now.

7. FordLawnLandscape

FordLawnLandscape LawnSite Member

Dont have an opinion on that specific mower , although i own 2 zd326s diesels and honestly the only complaint i have is they're some heavys mommas! took me about 5 months to truly master turning w/ these mowers w/o abusing the ground. The quality of cuts great, and the mulching is hands down the best on the market in MY .02 cents , and yes i have owned many other name brand commercial mowers so i know what im talking about.

8. CutApproved

from NJ

Yes its a 54 with a 23hp.
    Look at the serial number above.

2005 Kubota ZG23 S.N 11243 Zero Turn Mower with a 54in mowing deck. 23hp Kohler Twin cylinder engine

I currently have an Exmark, 52" w/23kawi.. PLENTY of power and I also have the bacvac NEVER bogs down unless I'm trying to cut 8 inch or more of wet grass.
    But how often does that happen?
    I've known guys to swear they would never buy anything but a Kubota.

What the hells the deal with blade pitch.. I never hear that problem with the Exmarks????

thanks

9. TrapperJohn

TrapperJohn LawnSite Member

I'll echo the comments on the ZD326. Had it about three months now. Cut quality is superb, no problem with thick yards, and it rips through wet grass without leaving any ridges behind. Shaft drive to the deck, wet mechanical blade clutch. Sucker is built, and fuel usage is very good on the diesel models.

They are heavy mothers, though.

10. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

CutApproved "I currently have an Exmark, 52" w/23kawi.. PLENTY of power and I also have the bacvac NEVER bogs down unless I'm trying to cut 8 inch or more of wet grass."

I would'nt buy that paticular Kubota. :nono: Stick with Exmark.
    I had an older ZD Kubota and it never cut as well as my Exmark. I think the new(er) model Kub's are better.