Kubota ZG23

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thegoswicks1105, Apr 23, 2007.

1. thegoswicks1105

thegoswicks1105 LawnSite Member

I am thinking about purchasing a new kubota ZG23 and want to know what all you guys think about this mower. I especially would like to hear from current owners of this exact machine. any comments will be great, negative or positive. I am in commercial/residential lawn care and am thinking about selling my current mower because there is not a dealer anywhere close to me. I have a Hustler Super Z 60" 28horse EFI. I am about to sell my commercial accounts also so i will only be doing residential on the side. let me know how the kubota stacks against my hustler by the quality of cut and reliability. thanks guys.

2. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

I may be wrong ,but I think the gd23 was there model they intended more for homeowners.
    I would have to believe your hustler is a far better machine. As far as cut quality, well , your deck is on your hustler is a fab deck, kubota is stamped. Not even close to the same cut. Your stamped decks do not cut grass like the fabs do. Blades of grass will be much larger and more notticeable after cutting. There ya have it, my 2 cents