kubota ztr deisel

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by valleylawn79, Apr 8, 2005.

1. valleylawn79

valleylawn79 LawnSite Member

does anyone have any advice on the kubota ZD-21 deisel ; never used one but going to demo one tommorow. i was wondering how they cut; held up; etc. thanks

2. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

how about you tell us how it works.

3. valleylawn79

i will; just wondering if they were worth the extra 1200-1500 $ ; they look like they are well built.

4. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

.... You're going to like it :waving:.

5. grass disaster

6. grass disaster

they are worth the extra money!!!!!

7. valleylawn79

thanks i never owned a diesel but heard a zd-28 running today next to a business and was quite amazed at the low noise level from the engine. it wasn't much louder than my kohler on my hustler

8. Cobra Jock

Cobra Jock LawnSite Member

You're definitely going to like the smooth ride over the rough stuff. I spent atleast 6 hours on one today and it is definitely a Cadillac when it comes to comfort. I know someone will say something about the Ferris, but the Kubota doesn't have all the extra moving parts and it is smooth. You'll love the engines torque. I have never had any problems with power. It mows as well as the rest of the big commercial mowers. I don't like the way it handles though. I've heard other people complain about them also. The controls are stiff and its a little harder to turn without ripping up sod than other mowers. I heard that there may be air in the lines? Don't know what is causing it but it needs a trip to the dealer! Overall, great mower as kubota doesn't make junk. The orange paint job is pretty nice also. I'm just glad they didn't paint it red :D

Greg

9. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Have had Kubota's since 1981. Great product. We bought a ZD a few years ago before the Pro deck came out. Deck was awful. Sold it after a year and a half and bought the Pro. Excellent. Have had it 2 years and have over 1000 hours on it and it runs great. Worth the money!

10. NEAL ANDREWS

NEAL ANDREWS LawnSite Member

I Just Bought A Zd 25 60 Pro Great Machine, I Find The Controls Very Much To My Liking