1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kubota ZTR, Where's the stripes!?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnshark, Jul 1, 2001.

1. Lawnshark

Lawnshark LawnSite Member

I have posted this once before and got slim responses. So I will try it again.
    I have seen the new Kubota ZTR's but there are no stripes from the mowers! I am aware that it takes more than just a nice mower to get stripes, but these operators are professionals that I know personally. Do any of you have the same observations? Homer has already told me he has seen the same thing so I know I am not alone. Hope everyone has a safe July 4th and I also hope no one is working!
  2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Must not be using high lift blades. Every commercial mower I have ever used has striped..... I used just about them all!
  3. Jon S

Jon S LawnSite Member

You guys are right, the new Kubota ZD21 does not stripe. What do you guys suggest to get the stripes? Otherwise a great mower!!
  4. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

jon s
    try reading the tread
    $2.00 stripe kit
    that should do it. my mower woulnt stripe either ,not like the competion.now i am the competion.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

A mower that doesn't stripe? Now, THAT'S weird! What kind of grasses are they cutting? What height are they cutting? Is the grass thick and lush? I know there are some guys that cut a lawn right down the road, and they cut with a scag ZTR. But because they cut so low, and they never repeat their rows, (amateurs) there are no stripes there, either. Now I KNOW that mower would stripe under the right operator!
  6. bgun

bgun LawnSite Member
    from Pa

i am wondering also about the kubota, it has a lot of goodies on it but if the customer isn't satisfied than it isn't worth it, If anyone has time on the machine, is there any special kit you can put on it for the striping? I am also in the market for the grasshopper 321D, i have heard good things about that machine. Good cut and high quality. Any input would be greatly appreciated! thanks
  7. Lawnshark

Lawnshark LawnSite Member

Like I said, I know the guy personally and he is a professional. He mows all the grounds for the court house and the plaza. He does all the landscaping himself as well. It is all very good! He cuts Kentucky 31 Tall Fescue and cuts at around 3 inches. The cut quality is good and even, but there aren't any stripes! Thanks for the input guys! I got a good response and now I know I'm not the only one.