1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kubota ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cutter1, Mar 12, 2001.

1. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I went up to the Kubota dealer and tried the new ZTR. Over all I was very impressed with it. It runs very smooth. THe engine as we all know will run forever like all the other Kubota's. The sticks were smooth and this one had no hours on it, usually kind of jumpy at first. I like the lift on the deck. Hydraulic lift!! The only thing I worry about is the cut. Not sure with that Kubota deck on it. THe price is good at $9900. FOr a diesel and a 60 deck.

THe transmission is hydrostatic with one pump. It makes for very smooth controls. The deck is driven by a shaft straight out of the transmission and engaged with a wet clutch.

[Edited by Cutter1 on 03-12-2001 at 11:09 PM]
  2. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

I saw one of those at our county fair last week,didn't take time to demo it.I didn't like the deck on it.
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i saw one at an equipment show in hartford CT and in providence RI at the new england grows show. looks like a well rounded machine. have to see if anybody uses one this spring.
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

They look well built, and Kubota's usually are. However, I am a little leary of the low Horsepower ratings. I dont remember the specs, but the 60 incher was using a 20hp or something?

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

This is what he said about it.
  7. Cutter1

Thomas.....With the diesel engine they have in them, it will be more than enough power to spin a 60 inch deck.
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Especially at the low speeds that a driveshaft would turn the deck. What is the blade tip speed for this machine?
  9. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I was wondering about the deck also like will it have mulching and bagging on it. Overall it looks like a winner with the hydro deck lift and kubota reputation.
  10. Cutter1

They can install a mulching kit on it if you want. I also think they are going to put a bagging unit on them later.

[Edited by Cutter1 on 03-13-2001 at 05:46 AM]