Kubota Ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IBGreen, Feb 17, 2003.

1. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone tried one? I've got a demo set up for this Wedsnesday. The dealer here has a good mechanic and a friend of ours is the sales guy. I've never thought about one because of the price, seems a little rediculous, but we'll see I guess. Its the 21hp with the 60 in deck.

2. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

Don't have one but have talked to some people with Kubotas.
    And like them very much, don't recall the sizes,they were Diesel.
    Whats the going price? The closest dealer is 25-30 miles.

Lou

3. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

$10,500 for a 21hp w/ a 60 in deck.

4. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

TOO MUCH!!! 21/60 is 8900-9200.the new fab dec is 250 more.You can get a 28hp,fab dec for 10500-10700.Chattanooga,tn or Rome,ga either one.:)

5. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow !

Their supposed to be good stuff.. I sure hope so! Wish I could be of more help, let us know how the Demo goes.

Lou

6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Too much money in my opinion. You can get the same diesel engine in a 321D Grasshopper midmount for about $9300.00. Our Kubota dealer here also sells Grasshoppers and Scags. He said he has not sold any of the Kubotas to commercial cutters, only to homeowners. Commercial guys are all buying the Grasshoppers or Scags.:confused:

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

My friend has three of them. 21hp, 60"ers. He paid around $9000 for them.

8. JCLandWerks

JCLandWerks LawnSite Member

The Kubota is worth the extra money. I saw that machine go head to head with every comparable z mower. It cut better and has less maint. The best thing is that you only have one belt on the machine. They are pretty simple to work on and they are smooth driving compared to some others. Good Luck with your demo!!!!:D

9. farmer58

farmer58 LawnSite Member

I purchased a Kubota ZD18 in July of last year. Only aspect of the machine that I was disappointed in was the grass clippings would clump and the deck would not clean out properly. I tried high lift blades but did not seem to help very much as blade tip speed is only 15,600. I was looking on the Kubota web site and noticed that the new ZD21 Pro has a fabricated deck instead of the old stamped deck. The new deck on the ZD21 is 7 gauge (10 gauge on ZD18). The new ZD21 also has a blade tip speed of 17,500 as opposed to 15,600 on the ZD18. It also has mulching baffles which I hope will tear up the grass clippings better. I called my local dealer where I had purchased my ZD18 wondering how much it would take to trade up to a ZD21 with a 60 in deck as opposed to my current 54 in on ZD18. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse. So.... it is being delivered later this week. The new ZD21 also has pivoting anti-scalping wheels on the front of the deck whereas the old deck the wheels were fixed. The ZD21 can be purchased with either the stamped or fabricated deck. Everything else on the ZD18 I really liked. Power, fuel economy, and comfort of ride. My wife told me Happy Valentines Day.....only now she wants the same in return! Hope your demo goes well and this info helps.

10. marvinlee

marvinlee LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

I bought a new Kubota ZD-21 in 2001. It performs very well for mowing grass at our home in Oregon's Willamette Valley. I had a high speed gear kit installed by the dealer before the mower was delivered. The blades are standard. I run about seven eighths throttle and never lack for poweror discharge performance. If I mowed heavy, wet, tall grass then I would try full throttle as many equipment owners use. I like the machine because it is reliable, has agreeable styling, and numerous features. Other machines are also desirable, and sometimes less cost. Our's was $8700 on a cold, wet, and dark November afternoon. I customized our machine in several ways. Marvin <marvin@proaxis.com>