Kubota ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by win1free, Apr 13, 2004.

1. win1free

win1free LawnSite Member

Any one on this site use Kubota ZTRs? ZG20, ZG21 or ZD18

2. AutoKing

AutoKing LawnSite Member

I can't give you any feedback on the question, but I sure would be interested in any answers on Kubota as well. I am particularly interested in diesel.

3. Top Notch

Top Notch LawnSite Member

My town has 19000 people in it. It's very small market, but the Kubota dealer sold 24 of the diesel ZTRs last year. He said only 1 had ever been back for any type of work at all.

Seems like all of the larger commercial customer based LCOs around here run them.

4. AutoKing

AutoKing LawnSite Member

That's quite an endorsement!

5. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have owned my ZD21 since jan. of 2002. Its a peach. The local dealer has sold about 8 . All of them to goverment type agencies.I have not seen another LCO in my area with one.

6. Krimick

Krimick LawnSite Member

I run a Kubota TG1860 Diesel. That's a garden tractor style. 800 hrs and not one trip to the shop. I would not hesitate to buy anything made by Kubata.

7. spin2098

spin2098 LawnSite Member

Well last Aug I bought a ZD21 and in Mayof this year I just bught my second one. They both run great there performance is second to none.

8. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

I purchased a Kubota sub compact utility tractor, but I looked very hard at the Zero turn mowers. they look very nice. The Tractor appears to be a sound investment thus far. 4wd 60" mid mower deck, 48" Box scraper, a loader, and post hole auger.
    Here is a photo, scope the huge deck. 2500 RPM PTO driven. The Loader should be in soon, was/is on back order.

kubota-2a.jpg

9. shortgut

shortgut LawnSite Member

just bought a zd 18 with a 54 inch deck wish like the devil I had gone ahead and gotten the 28 with a 60" pro deck am trying to work a trade up with the dealer other than having trouble with getting rid of the grass under the deck it is a great mower but really not made to cut really thick and heavy grass any body wanting a good deal on this mower please contact me twjshortgut@aol.com

10. cquest

cquest LawnSite Member
    from 75701

Use a zg20, cuts great, but sometime have to cut bahia from both directions to get all the stragglers.