Kubota

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenMachine102, Aug 29, 2003.

1. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

Are they any good, or am I better off getting an exmark to do my lawns about 20 now, but next year I am going to expand, and need a nice commercial mower, built well, good cut etc.

GIVE ME SOME IDEAS!

2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have three Lazers with a combined 3000+ hours. I have been very satisfied with my Exmarks. I watch all the other brands come out with nice features. I'll stick with a Lazer with an air cooled Kohler thanks. Simple design with great realiable results.

3. Speedy

Speedy LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

We have 2 Kubotas. One is a ZD 21 with the Pro 60 deck. The other is a G2160 21 hp direct chute bagger. No problems with either..

4. marvinlee

marvinlee LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

I have a ZD21 with the stamped steel deck. It has run well since new. Now that the fabricated deck is available, I would buy that if I were purchasing another mower. The fuel economy is great, the ride is good, and the mower looks like some thought went into the styling.

5. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

The only Kubota id touch are 4WD. They make damm good 4WD out front mowers

Are you finish mowing ? or Are you brush hoging?

6. thebruken

thebruken LawnSite Member
    from KY

I purchased the zd21pro at the beginning of June this year. I am very happy with it. It is very well built and I prefer the diesel engine. I think it is built as well if not better than any other out there. The diesel is very efficient and powerful. The cut quality is very good. Compare it to the others in the way it is built and I think you will like the Kubota. The financing Kubota is offering is very good also.

7. sam c

sam c LawnSite Member

I own a 1991 Kubota FZ2400 60" AWD diesel. It's still running very strong, it cuts beautiful and climbs like a mountian goat. All parts are still available, but hold on to your wallet!

8. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

I sold my ZD21-60 with 70 hours. and three trips to dealer and p-- poor service. My dealer broke more than he fixed. I wholesaled it back to him and bought a Ferris IS3000. No regrets.

9. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I have never used one but I sat and watched a crew unload three of them to cut about two acres of 8" tall grass and when I drove by later there was a field left that could have used a bailer. They were ZD26 and After seeing that I don't think I would use one. I could use one of there 4WD bucket loaders though for the price of it they are pretty nice. I have my Exmarks and will stick with them. Exmark has the fastest blade tip speed and it does show.