Kushlan Concrete Landscape Border Kit

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by kdlklm, May 14, 2007.

1. kdlklm

kdlklm LawnSite Member
    from Canada

2. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have not used that product, but I think your labor, setup, and material costs are going to outweigh the cost of having a landscape curb installer come in and spit it out with a machine.

3. kdlklm

kdlklm LawnSite Member
    from Canada

in my area, to have a guy come in with the curb machine, is about $9 a foot. And I'm looking at about 1000 feet.

4. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw that advertisement in this month's LCN. Looks like a smaller version of the curbing forms. I'd try it out. Looks pretty good and simple, allthough not for major production.

5. General Landscaping

Looks like you might have enough footage to justify buying your own machine..... then turning around and putting it to work.

Just another route to think about.

I'd be happy all over myself to get $9/ft. Is that for plain concrete, no color/stamps?

6. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess I'll be nice and keep my mouth shut.

7. bishoplandscape

bishoplandscape LawnSite Member

hahaha how many molds are you planing to buy 1000 ft would take about 83 days good luck to all looks time consuming to me.:drinkup:

8. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it would be good for small jobs. Concrete sets up quick enough to remove the forms and do two pours a day. Like I said..not for production work, but for that small custom landscape job where you want options.

9. kdlklm

kdlklm LawnSite Member
    from Canada

you would use concrete with the same consistency as a curbing machines, after you lay down the concrete you remove the form right away. And move on from there. I don't plan on doing it all at once, I don't even care if it takes two or three summers. It's just for personal use.

10. General Landscaping

If you are using a mix that dry with out the compaction of a machine, do a few and let them get a full cure (30 days). Give 'em hell with the mower, edger, and trimmer to see if they are strong enough, you may want to hit 'em with a pressure washer to simulate weathering as well.

The scrap material from a job is not very tough or attractive stuff, but the finished product that has been compacted and trowled is great.