1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

KX 161 Is Mine

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWJ Services, Apr 10, 2008.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Thanks too Rodney for selling me a perfect machine for a great price and 1300 miles in less than 24 hours of driving.
    I will have pictures soon.:)
  2. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

AWJ Sounds like your in the mini excavator busniess,glad to hear you got the machine that you wanted at a price that was reasonable.

Don't you just love those long ,short houred drives:confused:

Get some pictures posted up soon and get to throwing some of the tuff dry red clay you have down there.Here is is all wet muddy dirt:rolleyes:

Good luck with your new machine!!!!!!!!!:usflag:
  3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Good for you.
  4. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

congrats...was that the one for sale on here a few weeks ago? that was a very nice looking machine
  5. AWJ Services

from Ga

Yes it was.

I had bid on a nice little cleanup job and it ironically was okayed by the customer this morning.The machine will be perfect for the job.

I am a very small buisness and this was a big step for me financially.LOL

I stopped up in Blue Ridge at my Mother laws so It will this weekend before the picks get here.
  6. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Thats cool, makes you feel soo much better when the work happens right away, even if it may be a smaller project. Enjoy it.
  7. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats on the find. We have an older Kubota mini TLB that still runs great. What kind of work will you mostly be doing with it (besides everything:usflag:)?

Hopefully there wasn't any of this midwest mud in the bucket... wouldn't want it to spread downthere!:laugh:
  8. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats!!! Can't wait to see pics.
  9. AWJ Services

from Ga

I am not really sure how this will pan out work wise but I really want too get into septic fill line repairs where a customer needs there drain field replaced.Most use a septic company then hire a irrigation guy too fix all the damage from the septic company and then hire a landscaper too return the yard too it's original condition.
    There are very few companies capable of doing it turn key without subbing something out.

You better hope none of our red clay make sit up there.LOL

I unloaded it at the inlaws and did some scrapping on there gravel drive.
    The angle blade is priceless.
    I also did some digging as well.
    It is very fast and the controls are good.It has a really good balance between the bucket curl power and the arm strength.
    The Takeuchi TB145 is stronger on the curl(so it seems) but the Kubota is stronger on the arm.I can tell very little difference between the 2 machines.It however is much stronger than any other machine I have ever used.
    I like the idle down feature and the cab has good layout and ample room.
    The foot pedals for the tracks are odd shaped and make you want too use the handles for movement.I will get some seat time this weekend and some pics.

I have a question.

Are the quick disconnects for the buckets universal?
  10. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe the Kubota QC is specific only to Kubota but I could be wrong...and obviously the 161 bucket only fits that size machine...I know it sounds stupid but I've been asked if 121 size fits on a 161, that's a no. :rolleyes: