KY - Rates Per Hour & Equip Suppliers.

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Lakeview, May 14, 2003.

1. Lakeview

Lakeview LawnSite Member

I am located in Webster County (Providence) and would like to get an idea of what is the rate per hour for mowing and the rate per foot for edging in Western Kentucky. I am also inerested in the rates for stump grinding. I know what i can get in my area but would like to get a broader perspective for regional pricing. I would like to help keep the playing field as level as posssible and will do my part to level it.

I am also considering the option of relocating and working in the norhern part of the Lake Barkley Area. This would include Kuttawa, Eddyville and possibly the Princeton Area. How is the market for this area. I am open to the opportunity of networking with others involved in the lawn care and maintenance industry. My primary concern will be general lawn mowing, chemical application and fall clean up detail. I am willing to direct any landscaping jobs and opportunities to a reputable individual who in return will direct mowing and chemical application jobs back to me.

I am also looking for a reputable equipment dealer for the LawnCare/Maintenance industry. Must be located in Western Kentucky.

I would also like to find a bass fishing partner with a good knowledge of Kentucky and Barkley Lakes. Someone who knows how to push fishing tackle. Lakeview Lawncare / Lakeview Lures.

2. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Do you have a license to apply chemicals ?

3. Lakeview

Lakeview LawnSite Member

I am not planning on starting the chemical applications until next season. I have a little over two years experience as assistant greens keeper on a golf couse so i am aware that certain aspects of the job such as chemical application require testing and then licensing. I will be insured also.

4. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Well , I was born and raised in Kuttawa , and although its a nice place to fish,There are at least 10 new "lawn care " start ups this year in one of the smallest counties in the state .Put that with all of the old ones, in a countywith a population of about 5000 of which 1000 are prision inmates and you get the picture .

5. Lakeview

Lakeview LawnSite Member

I was spending some time down there in the spring of 1995 and had a friend who was doing lawns. His business was stretched out over a broad area and he was recieving call after call requesting his services. He was going to consolidate the majority of his customers into a smaller area in order to reduce travell time and let me have his miscellaneous customers. He was convinced there was more business than we could both handle at the time.
    I drove past Ky. Dam a few miles and stopped at a nursery located on the left hand side of the road and spoke with the woman in charge. She assured me (at that time) that she was quite often recieving calls by people looking for individuals to do their lawns. And she further commented that she only knew of one crew out of Gilbertsville who came that far to do lawns. Other than that crew she commented the market was to the best extent of her knowledge wide open.

I just wondered how much it had changed in the past ten years. From looking at the real estate guides i know there are new subdivisions, condos and houses being built every year.
    How are the 10 start ups doing? Do they appear to have reliable equipment? Are they doing quality work? Are they mowing the lawns like they personally owned them? Do they seem to have an eye for detail?

Concerning chemical application. Could a person keep busy enough without doing chemical application or would it pretty much be a standard requirement.