1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

*L&G TRactor to Commercial Mower*

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Jun 28, 2003.

1. For those of you that recently moved up from your L&G tractor to Comm. mowers, did you all see the productivity go up, and all the related stuff that goes with a commercial mower?
  2. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Last year I went from a JD LT133 36 inch deck to a bobcat Z with a 52 inch deck.Heck yes I saw a difference in productivity.Only thing else I saw go up was the maintanance.Thats only because I take better care of this mower.
  3. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

Heck yes. i saw it go up. And so did my gas. Oh well what a great cut. I had a JD 425 and now a JD 373 yesterday.
  4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Don't you mean 737? I'm not sure they make a 373 and your sig. says 737. Anyway congrats on the new toy, but too bad it's JD (see my signature line if you want my opinion on the matter).
  5. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I stilll have a day to day comparison with the misses riding the DEERE on the bigger properties and me on the chopper. It's like night and day...
  6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well....that depends....on the account....

I have some I'm loosing time on the mowing

I have some I'm even on

I have some I'm saving 33%, 50% and even 75%

It all depends on the total layout of the property and all the variables. However, keep in mind that my LT was well maintained, able to mow at or near top speed and I had become very efficient at gettting turned around fast. Also it's close to the same cut as the Z.

But overall, it's a huge savings in mowing time and trimming time both.
  7. TheGrassGuy

TheGrassGuy LawnSite Member

I went from a Toro Wheel Horse with 60" deck to a Toro 36" belt drive and I have definately seen production go up. The cut is better also. The 36" has the SFS floating deck with a 15 hp Kohler. I am thinking to bring the deck to a fabrication shop to get some steel bent to make a mulch kit for it.
  8. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes your right. 737. sorry, i was posting when i was tired.,
  9. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

How about commercial to commercial? We have the MTD ProZ 54" midmount and this year bought a used JD 915 with 60" frount mount for a companion mower. The JD is like a snail beside the MTD, it takes way too long and too much space to turn around. We use it mainly on soccer fields to compare times. The MTD will be done the field and the JD will be about 1/3 to 1/2 way across. The JD will do a much better job on long grass so we are keeping it anyway. We're trying to have different types of mowers that we can service any kind of property efficiently. Next purchase will likely be a Steiner.
  10. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

should have got the lazer Z
    to start with not the cub 3235