L.R. Nelson Mfg. 2-FU 2007 Equivalent?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Richie1, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Richie1

Richie1 LawnSite Member

I breifly mentioned this very old Nelson ring drive I have on my property on another thread that's been operating completely untouched for 40 years now. It's so efficient, I'd like to add one to my back yard, but I doubt it's possible to find.

So I wanted to know if there is a 2007 equivalent that does exactly the same thing. To be more specific, it simultaneously shoots three different streams. One about 34', one about 16', and directly from the center it produces a shower that is about 8' diameter around it. It's supplied by 1" poly.

Wet Boots, I think you had mentioned you might know of something similar I could purchase?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

3. Ditto.......

4. Richie go look at my thread on MP ROTATOR PICS FOR FRICK. It's on the same page but I'll send it to the top.

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Similar only in gpm and radius. Nothing matching that head is made today, if your requirement is a 3/4" FPT connection, and short enough to connect, with a nipple, to a saddle tee on a shallow hand-trenched poly pipe.

6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Actually, the three stream arrangement was used by several companies in the past but they all seemed to have gone the way of the dinosaurs. I think I know of exactly one remaining in all of our district. Newer rotors went with multiple streams coming out the same side with exception of many golf type heads and a few dual side rotors. You might look at golf sprinklers... some are 1" FPT inlet while others are larger. Problem is that you'd need a LOT of water and pressure for them.

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

There's always a Buckner 1310 - Oh wait, that was last century...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. PurpHaze

Rain-O-Mats too. :)

9. Richie1

Richie1 LawnSite Member

Purp...That was my first thought too, but as you also mentioned, I felt my system would not be able to handle the high amounts of water necessary. I will still look into it.

Wet Boots...that was really funny. I spit some of my coffee out reading your comment. Yeah, those things were really old.

10. PurpHaze

And VERY heavy. :)