La nina dead

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Charles, May 9, 2000.

1. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Saw a report on the news the other night. That la nina was either dead on just about gone. But the we would still have a drought 3 months after its death. Whatever happened to normal ina? Or is there a normal? We have not had the intemse thunderstorms we usually have in the spring. They seem to disipate before they get to us. Rain also seem to disipate. Its lookin very dry out there now. Temperatures about normal at around 90. No rain is in site. I think paranoia is setting after the past few years of drought. A drought this early in the year would be a killer.

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Charles, I was saying the same thing recently. Usually the afternoon heat would bring on a thunder bumper and an inch of rain................normally EVERY afternoon! I see all the rain now staying north and we're not getting the old weather pattern that we should living so close to the coast. I have to think it's the end of an era and the weather patterns are now going to do something different. We are 12 inches behind on rainfall and no relief in sight. Last couple of years a bermuda high pressure system set in and those babys don't budge for nothing. Every system that moves in gets pushed around it like its a rock that can't be moved! I'm ready for the old southern weather pattern to come back where you would have to hide out for a little while til it passed over or high tail it back to the house! I can't take too much more of this!<p>Homer

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We had the driest spring on record this year, but we are now starting to get some rain. We have had some each day for the past 3 days and the grass is growing big time here now.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

4. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

We had a fairly wet spring here in central Virginia but now no rain for the past 14 days. We have a chance for t-storms tomorrow. It has been 90+ for a week now. Some of the non-irrigated lawns are already showing some drought stress. Man I hope it pours tomorrow.

5. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

MN &lt;---Dry, warm and dry winter...rain on the forecast. I like rain on the weekend or overnight.<p>El Nino~ La Nina~ La tormenta~ Esta nevando~ Me gusta hierbe -No se'<p>

6. richard

richard Banned

seattle ---cold & wet

7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

RICHARD................ENJOY IT!