LA Pesticide Exam

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by jason r., Sep 22, 2003.

1. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone in Louisiana take your pesticide exam yeT?
    Just wondering. I got study material about 2 months ago and hope to take the test before spring gets here. Should have alot of study time this winter.

2. cantspranomo

cantspranomo LawnSite Member

chemical applicators test has 3 books. study the thin one the most
    study well. do good.

3. CustomCuts

CustomCuts LawnSite Member

New to the business, but am very interested in getting my license. Who, What & Where do I have to go to get information on getting started. I would appreciate any response on getting on the right track. Thanks

4. cantspranomo

:) hello custom cuts,
    if you are wanting to get your spray license (chemical spray license) you have to go through, lsuagcenter for study manuals (pm me for names and phone#)
    test at ladeptag&for. other licenses you may be wanting some one else maybe can help you with. good luck

5. cantspranomo

by the way where in the world is
    Delcambre??????????

6. CustomCuts

23 miles south of Lafayette between New Iberia and Abbeville

7. CustomCuts

cantspranomo, I would really appreciate the name and number at the LSU Ag Center

8. cantspranomo

hello Custom Cuts
    You will be calling Dr. Mary Grodner's office. The telephone # is 225-318-2364, for test booklets. Tell them where you live and they will tell you where to call to set up time and place for test.
    If you let them know what tests you want to take they will send you the correct booklets. The last ones I got were $5 each. They will also let you know how much the tests are to take. If you are doing turf and ornamental, my advice is really study the thin booklet, it almost caught me.

9. cantspranomo

Custom Cuts
    I forgot you already had the books. You call LDAG&FOR for test places. the only place i know to do that is in Baton Rouge. They are on Florida Blvd. They have a web site, Louisiana Department Agriculture and Forestry. They have a page for pesticide applicators, I believe the pnone number is there. Look it up and call them, they will set you right up with a time to come in. You go in the front door at their building and their office will be on your left. that's where you take that test. GOOD LUCK

10. cantspranomo

jason r. and CustomCuts,
    did you fellas get straight on your books and testing dates?