Labels for Irrigation Parts

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by zimmatic, Nov 1, 2012.

1. zimmatic

zimmatic LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone use labels for irrigation parts? Such as an 1" X 3" label for use in the shop for invetory in parts bins. (could be larger) The labels would have a small picture of the part with the description or part #? I was looking for a label program that would alow me to make labels that a picture could be imported to the label then printed. I dont want to use a label maker from office max since I would really like to get pictures on them similar to what bolt bins have labeled on them for the bolts.

Thanks

2. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

The pick-your-own supply house I go to zip ties a single fitting to the front of the bin so you can see what it is.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Your best bet would be to just make them in MS word. You may be able to find pictures of fittings on the Spears or Lasco web sites. Our bins are just labeled with the part numbers. We use the standard spears part numbers for the fittings and our own part numbers for everything else.

4. zimmatic

Thanks for the replies
    I thought maybe someone out there may have had this same problem or Idea.

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

The best system i have seen was warehouse style. Like parts stacked from smallest to largest. Sample fitting tied in plain site.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

echo that - it's easy to use cable ties to affix a fitting to the front of a parts bin

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

labels ............

brain.jpg

8. eludemann

eludemann LawnSite Member

I just cut the label off the boxes the parts came in.

9. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

i just face all the spears boxes (which have a picture of the fitting on the deminsion label) toward "the viewer" on a cheap rack i made from stud boards, when the box runs out just stick a new one in....

aside from this, I like the zip-tied example piece idea

10. zimmatic

I have started the process of making a master label file in word using 1.3" X 4" labels. It will take the winter to complete however I will always have it. Google images has almost all the pictures of anyting a person could want. Thought there may have been a simpler way, and that is why I asked in lawnsite.

Thanks