Labor Cost for my BOSS!

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by spartan4life04, Apr 21, 2005.

1. spartan4life04

spartan4life04 LawnSite Member

I am doing about a 300 sq ft patio, one level is raised and the other is ground level. It will probably take me 3 or 4 days with myself and a buddy of mine, from start to finish. I want to give him a good deal, but at the same time I want to make some good money. What's your recommendation on $/sq. ft.

2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I'm confused :dizzy:. Are you saying that your boss needs you to do a job and you need to know what to charge him? Are you an employee or a Sub? More confused :dizzy:.

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Charge him the same as you would anyone else.

4. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

I agree with SheShovel. Charge him the same, and if you feel so generous when the job is done perhaps cut him a 5 % discount because he is such a great boss... :p

5. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

OH! I think I get it now. You have a job and do landscaping too. Your boss is hiring you outside of work to do landscaping. Then yes, charge him your normal price or whatever you feel comfortable with.

You do know your cost?

6. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell him to hire a professional.

7. spartan4life04

sorry....I didn't explain my situation.... I actually work at Chrysler and I used to do landscaping during high school and college. So I know what I'm doing and my boss at CHRYSLER wants me to put in a patio at his house as a side job. I don't have any of my own equipment (tamper, saw etc) so I have to rent everything and have the material delivered.

OK ....now that i explained myself a little more....

8. spartan4life04

I DO NOT know my cost....this is really the first side job I have done. Need some help. THanks guys

9. treedoc1

treedoc1 LawnSite Senior Member

$20-24 sq ft

10. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

sounds like a good way to screw up your relationship with your boss.

if you have never done this before i surely would not do the first job for my boss that i have to work with every day, and who has control over my pay increases.....

if you have problems, it will make for an uncomfortable work environment.