Labor Cost

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by lawncare, Dec 15, 2001.

1. lawncare

lawncare LawnSite Member

Anyone installing the Aquscapes system? If so what do u pay your laborers an hour I want to be fair with them but still turn a good profit. Also how many would you use for an 11x16 install.
  2. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

I pay them the same rate I pay them to do every other task - how much is that? Depends on who's doing the working - anywhere from $8 - $12.

How many for an 11x16 install? Well, I don't alter crew size for a project like that - 2-3 people. If it's a big project we might combine crews.
  3. marcie

marcie LawnSite Member

same as above. if i ever feel the need to share more profits with my crews i would do it in the form of a job well done bonus

not raise their hourly
  4. selively

selively LawnSite Member

Not that I am proud of this but on my latest Job a 45 x8 water
    feature I was suprised that the property owner could find such cheap labor , He found 2 workers and paid them 100.00 a piece
    to dig it out.
    My plan was to use heavy equip, but My customer was a very
    economical spender, mabe that is how he became wealthy!
    On the rest of the Job I hired 1 guy my brother in Law to finish the Job and paid him 500.00 for 1 week of labor ,
    The guys who did the digging me included , did not have a very good attitude about digging 10-15 yards of dirt by hand but the Job got done! Pay the workers Fair :cool: