Labor costs

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by bigcountry01, Mar 1, 2007.

1. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

about what are you guys charging for labor (per hour) if you work solo? Lets say for something like a spring clean up. Not installing anything, just labor.

2. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

$75 1st hour, $60 each additional, cause that's what I would've made if I was on the mower.

3. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

my minumum is $45per hr with a 2hr minimum. thats my old lady rate though, typically i charge around $55per hr and more depending on the difficulty level of the site. thats what i charge for any labor.

4. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

anyone else?

5. Supertiger

Supertiger LawnSite Member

50 dollars hour for me and 40 for each employee on the job. and i pay the employee 10.00 hour.

6. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

i charge $65.00 an hour, 2 man crew

7. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Do you guys charge the same hourly rate no matter what you mow with, or do you charge differant for w/b verses a ride on? What do you mow with by the way.Also , are you talking about resd. or comm. cuts?
    Thanks,
    Jayd

8. JayD

Do you pay cash or is it full time empl.?

9. JayD

Even if it only takes 20 min. to cut?

10. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

i dont mow. i do landscaping and landscape maintenance, not lawn maintenance. but yes even if a visit takes only 20 minutes. i will not even startup the truck for less than $90, but generally i can find 2hrs worth of stuff that needs to be done in anyones yard. i do all the stuff the lawn guys dont want to do so if youre in the mid-mich area and hate to pull weeds send your customers my way!