1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Labor Day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by williams lcm, Sep 4, 2011.

1. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok it is labor day. Who is working tomorrow? I think I will do my 2 commerical accounts then call it a day.
  2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Ill be working my regular shift with the Police Dept
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 LawnSite Senior Member

no working for this crew on long weekends....ok maybe loading beer into the fridge and then out of the fridge
  4. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I'm going to dishonor every laborer in the United States by servicing 10 accounts, tomorrow.
  5. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Just doing my commercial accounts. Then a big Tuesday of residential accounts.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I'm going in to work on equipment so I don't have as long of a week doing that stuff in evenings.

I don't have anything going on anyway.
  7. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

All of my maintenance crews are scheduled off every Monday. So they will be off like usual. We do that to keep overtime down.

But our landscape construction crews are definitely working all day on Monday. Why would I turn down making the kind of money we make in a day just because it's a holiday? Winters are rough for us and so when jobs come in the spring/summer I take them when I can get them. Why would I not work, if there is work to be done? Even as successful as we've been, I can't afford to be leaving money on the table. If someone is willing to pay us full asking price for a crew to work at their house all day, I'm going to take them up on it.
  8. TuffWork

TuffWork LawnSite Senior Member

If I had a big project that NEEDED to be done because of some time frame I'd do it, but I took all mowing off of Mondays to have a day during the week for special projects and so I can enjoy the occasional holiday. Tomorrow will be my first day off besides a Sunday since.... I can't remember. I'm going to enjoy it. The only plans I have include drinking beer while brewing an Octoberfest lager with a buddy. :drinkup:
  9. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

I'm President of our HOA and we hired a contractor to remove ALL plants and trees from our front entrance. Tomorrow the irrigation is to be completely replaced along with new lighting and outlets. Tuesday the palm trees go in then the rest of the planting is done the end of the week. Kudos to the larger landscapers/designers. This will give a whole new look to our wornout front entrance.
    Posted via Mobile Device