1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Labor Day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by williams lcm, Sep 4, 2011.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I have to finish putting the truck back together, fuel pump.

2. mad87man

mad87man LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Never bothered to work on holidays, i don't have any commercial accounts so it doesn't make a difference really.

3. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

My part time job at Home Depot

4. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

Im workin, only about a half day though. cant wait to cut with new pro stance!

5. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male

Im giving my 2 full time workers off but i'm going to be working my regular lawn route by myself. Hopefully going to bang out 20 yrds by myself. Labor day is just an excuse to be lazy i think. Im more interested im making money to keep the bills paid. If people are picnicing i wont mow there lawns to respect them:cool2:

6. GravelyWoman

GravelyWoman LawnSite Member

Zero accounts being serviced on Monday. We have had 15 inches of rain in Southern Alabama since Friday and the forecasters are saying this will not stop til Monday night! I have no idea when the ground will be dried up enough to keep from sinking!
    I would rather be having this rain then in the throws of the poor people in Texas! So I am thankful!

Take care-
    Gravely Woman

7. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

If I was behind, then I would consider it. With the record rainfall we had this spring, I was backed up with landscape jobs through the end of July. My worker actually brought up the idea of working til like 1 or 2:00 on the 4th of July this year, he said he didnt have anything going on and neither did I so we made quite a bit of headway on the job we had going on that week. I called the customer first and asked if they would mind us coming on the 4th and that we would be out of there by 1 or 2 so if any of the neighbors were having a party we wouldnt interrupt that. If I had anything pressing to get done currently, I would do the same by calling the customer and asking if it was ok with them first. But I dont have any huge projects going on right now and its supposed to rain all day tomorrow anyway so I guess its all irrelevant haha

8. Ray&Christine

Ray&Christine LawnSite Member

We are going to be working but will start an hour or two later.

9. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

We are going to work until about noon. Then work extra on Tuesday to finish up and keep on schedule.

10. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

what a surprise! another one of "those" threads, it never fails.

I will not be working tomorrow, but not by choice, my trailer is loaded with scrap metal by an aquaintence (doesn't seem like a friend). He won't take it out:angry: and now I've gotta delay some lawns.:realmad: He will not be recieving any money I get when I cash it.payup