Labor Day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by williams lcm, Sep 4, 2011.

1. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I'm going to a concert to see Blind Melon and about 10 other bands. Only problem I see is it might rain tomorrow and the show might get cancelled. Work on Labor Day? Are you kidding me?

2. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Of course I'm working, grass knows no holiday!:cool2:

3. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

thankfully I'm not mowing BECAUSE tropical storm Lee is bringing us some MUCH needed rain on Monday and probably Tuesday. Lawns here were all but burnt. We needed this SO bad. Glad to take a few days off!

4. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

We have 4 sports fields to spray. And 2 baseball complex to do. Be done by 10 am. Then time to party.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I have 2 parades To drive in Riding my mowers in them taking 7 mowers with signs on them and give out candy and business cards We will look like the Shriners
    We will do the Figurd 8 blast
    And paying all my help to come in and ride

6. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

yup....I will actually mow more than I did last monday too....Because I WANT this Saturday off, haha!

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

You said it! Though the grass does seem to recognize the winter holidays :)

8. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

i have to laugh, there is ALWAYS thread about who's working this holiday or that holiday.

and there's ALWAYS those that critisize those who work on the holiday.

but yes i'm working. on my way out the door after this post. i work pretty much every holiday unless it falls on a sunday and i'm not behind. i also sometimes have christmas off when it doesn't snow. but any holiday that falls on a normal work day, i am working and yes that includes thanksgiving.

9. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

I only have one regular Monday account, a large residential, so I'm going to go ahead and mow it. I emailed the customer to be sure they didn't care if I mowed. Our kids came up yesterday, so that was our "cookout" day.

10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I'm kinda caught up on going in to work on my equipment...on one hand I'd like shorter days this week, but on the other hand, I'd like to take today off.