labor pay

Discussion in 'Employment' started by fullburn, Oct 21, 2007.

1. fullburn

fullburn LawnSite Member
    from ct.

As time goes on an the price of everything goes up. I was just curious what other owners are using for a pay rate. mowing crew labor, mowing crew forman. I am located in CT. Also what other percs are you giving with these rates

2. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

12 to 13 an hour for crew. At this rate the only perks are they get the joy of my company everyday

3. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

i pay $10.00 per hour but i give 8 hours of pay every day no matter if the guy worked 5-6 or the whole 8. I'm the foreman so i don't have that head ache yet............

4. fullburn

fullburn LawnSite Member
    from ct.

seems kind of light, I'm about 12 to 15 with medical bennies

5. skidrowe1

skidrowe1 LawnSite Member

Is this what you pay them an hour with or with out the labor burden? and what about any extras paid days off/sick days with pay? This is the part of business i am still trying to figure out, Taxes , that is why i am up for the fair tax act. I know it could be years before enough people bought off on it for it to pass but i like the ideal of just being taxed on what you can buy , and not what you make.

6. fullburn

fullburn LawnSite Member
    from ct.

what do ya mean by labor burden?

7. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

$10.00 an hour + 5% of net on landscape installs, lunch twice a week. Keeps everyone happy.

8. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

why 5 % of net for installs ? thats your job and your overhead to deal with. at 5% of net plus $10.00 per hour i'll come work for you with no owner headaches

9. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's an example.....$3000 install. Costs are $850 in plants and material $200 in labor and let's say another $100 for misc. That's $1150 for a net of $1850. 5% of $1850 is $92.50. Not that much when you think about it but my guys like that there's extra money to be made without having to put in extra hours. Still want to move from Ca. to Tx.

10. fullburn

fullburn LawnSite Member
    from ct.

I would not pay percntage, did they sell job? are they responsable for warrenty on it. will they work for free to replace warrenty items. If you were savy an sold same job for 6,000 should they be entitled to more for your quik talking.