Labor Ready services

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by new leaf, Jan 12, 2007.

1. new leaf

new leaf LawnSite Member
    from 03077

Has anyone ever used Labor Ready services?

2. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

If you don't care that your probably getting a druggie go for it. Oh wait I forgot this is the landscaping industry most of the employee's re druggies and half of the owners.

3. Olylawnboy

Olylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oly Wa

Ya know Dunn, that's a all around pretty crappy thing to say. There are good people going through temp places. You'll never find them with your attitude....

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

I recently used Labor Ready. i think i got one of the most hard working guys there too. now id say 80% of the guys there, are all drunk or high. but the other 20% are some of the best workers you could ever find. the guy that i got has a 2 year old daughter, and everything he talked about was about her and what he wanted to get her for x-mas. i thought i was gonna get some drunk that was gonna waste my time. but instead i found a good, reliable hard-working person to work with.

5. Dunn's

So like I said 80% high or drunk equals most does it not. Also When I was in the military they didn't pay much and still don't. So when we had three day weekends and other days off I would get up and go to labor ready for extra cash. Guess what they where almost all druggies or drunks

6. new leaf

new leaf LawnSite Member
    from 03077

Mr. Dunn your opinion means nothing to me . Please, stay "in your house , on a street" with your two undersized trucks. You appear to be the cancer of the green industry be gone.

7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

i use them but provide my own employees. They do all of my taxes, workers comp and payroll. it is easier as the guys get paid every week and it costs me a minimal amount that in the end saves me more time to work or sell accounts.

8. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

We have used this service in the past ie: 10 years ago. I would reccomend finding your own employees first and using a labor service only as a last resort. pay no attention to people here posting bias opinions, it's like any thing else in life. Take all the information and make an educated descion for YOURSELF. Good Luck.

9. Mr. Vern

Mr. Vern LawnSite Senior Member

Dunn - are you confessing to having been on drugs while in the military?

We used one for 2 weeks once. Worked out great and saved our butts on a big job. Not sure it's cost effective as a long term strategy, but it works in a pinch.

10. Dunn's

Don't get mad at me because you can't put the bottle down or get that roach of your back. I did not say anything about you or the other yahoo. I just gave this guy real advice since I have actually been to these places as a worker and saw what type of people where there. It's funny how whenever I tell people that are asking about how to improve their chances of reliable employee's or about temporary labor to do drug tests and how much of the headaches it relieves. Especially since most workmans comp plans require you give drug screenings. Well I guess we know who doesn't have workmans comp and quiet possibly has a dime/quarter in their underwear/sock drawer. Don't hate on me because I have morals and don't need some thought inhibiting substance to live with myself.