1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Labor to pass out flyers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by newbie35, Mar 9, 2007.

1. newbie35

newbie35 LawnSite Member

Where do you guys get your labor to pass out fliers? I don't want to spend too much but want to get quality people that will do the job.
  2. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

cheapest way is to do it yourself..... on sunday or a rainy day..... a day you dont work on
  3. Gaturf

Gaturf LawnSite Member

Im not sure if i would put out flyers on a rainy day? I use a local advertising company that puts out a magazine every month. It cost me $.04 per flyer and what ever the cost is to print the flyer. It usually cost me around $.06 per flyer. The best thing about this is I can choose the routes i want, so all my calls will come from the same area. I put out 5000 flyers with this company twice a year for maint. and 1 time a year for Aerating and overseding. Cost me around $900 a year but its well worth it. I could never put out that many flyers on my own. I get about a 2% return. I think the avg is 3%. I also get to pick and choose my customers. I can weed out the bad ones and keep the yearly accounts. Im the only LCO in my area that uses this method. So look in your area for a similar advertising company. high dollar communities usually put one out.

Ga turf