Labor to plant 21 five gallon leyland cypress

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by stephen424, Nov 1, 2010.

1. stephen424

stephen424 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you just use a "$ per plant"?

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Are you amending the soil in any way? Mulching after plating? Is this a full install, or a just a quick plant and go? If it's a quick plant and go, I'd probably charge per plant, but if I was doing a full install, I'd prepare a total estimate with soil work, planting, mulch, etc.

3. stephen424

stephen424 LawnSite Senior Member

just a quick plant n go....which is why i am confused on how to price it.
    i do 99% complete landscape projects (edge, mulch, fabric, etc)

customer just wants 21 leylands planted alongside neighbors fence to eventually block out the junk she sees in his yard. i am getting 7 gallon leylands.

how much should i charge per plant

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Assuming no rock about 1 hr each...at whatever your labor charge. We would probably charge $50 each. But got to know customer and how busy you are etc.... To many of our customers $1000 would seem outrageous.

5. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I would charge $120.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. teejet

teejet LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

250 if its easy digging, 350 if its hard. Of course you make your money on the plants right? Should take about 4hrs for one guy depending on soil.

7. bmac1996acc

bmac1996acc LawnSite Member
    from in GA

One hour per 5 to 7 gallon tree seems like a long time unless they're digging the holes with a spoon.

8. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

This is typical for a "how much to charge for planting" thread. Everybody is all over the place in pricing. (as would be expected.)

Why don't you take an empty 7 gal container; dig a hole in your yard and see how long it takes you.

9. Grass Shark

Grass Shark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7

How much are you paying per plant?

10. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

when not sure on planting pricing its usually pretty safe to double the price of the plant