LABORERS PAY

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by -, Jan 20, 2001.

1. Guest

JUST WONDERING?
    HOW MUCH ARE YOU PAYING YOUR WORKERS?DO YOU PAY THEM BY THE HOUR,DAY,WEEK?ALSO DO YOU INCLUDE LUNCH WITHIN THE PAY OR WHAT?BY ME, THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IS NOT GETTING OR FINDING THE WORK ITS THE WORKERS ITSELF.I AM FROM QUEENS N.Y.AND I CAN NEVER FIND STEADY WORKERS.I BELIEVE I TREAT THEM RIGHT ,I PAY THEM $65 A DAY PLUS LUNCH WORK FROM 7:30 TILL 5 OR 5:30.MOSTLY AROUND ME ITS THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS THAT ONLY WANT WORK CAUSE THE AMERICANS ALL WANT TO BE THEIR OWN BOSSES AND USUALLY HAVE DADDYS MONEY SO THEY DONT WANT TO DO MANUAL LABOR. BUT GETTING BACK TO THE ILLEGALS THEY ARE STARTING TO COMMAND $85 OR $90 A DAY PLUS LUNCH.ITS GETTING HARDER AND HARDER TO GET BIGGER. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

If you go to the search page I did and click on wages, you will find 47 posts on this subject. The link page is the middle link under my signiture.

Please don't use all Caps in your posts. It is considered yelling and it is much harder to read.

Thanks
    Eric

3. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

what part of queens are you from.

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I think I see why you aren't able to get/keep good quality workers, you pay them $6.50 an hour! Don't mean to come down on ya bro, but nobody can live on that. Would you work for that? Of course not.

Jonathan E.

5. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Work easy to get?
    Workers not?

--Seems a common problem. Solve it by doubling your fees charged and doubling your employee pay.

6. I agree with all the above post. Increase what you're charging and pay your help more. These guys can go to work flipping burgers and make more than you are paying them.

7. brandy

brandy LawnSite Member
    from Pa.

If you don't pay atleast 10 an hour they will find another job real fast! I have mexian work force and they cannot drive or speak english but they sure work hard but they want to get paid and they don't want checks!!!!!!

8. bucktail

bucktail Member

what is a mexian work force?

9. brandy

brandy LawnSite Member
    from Pa.

Is buctail something you sniff!!!!!