Laboring on Labor Day?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wolfie's L&L, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

How many of us are going to be working on Labor Day Monday? Me personally I'll be up in the northern part of the state doing some relaxing at our family hunting camp. Just curious to see who all is or isn't working on Labor Day.

tiedeman likes this.
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We never work on any holidays.
  3. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

Hey Jodi, where ya at in PA? I'm here in York, about an hour south of the capital.

4. Supertiger

Supertiger LawnSite Member

I was wanting it off to but i just cant handle the work load for the rest of the week if i take the whole day off. maby ill work just a half a day>
  5. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I usually don't work holidays, but since I am going to be out of town from the 8th - 12th, I will be working Sun thru Wed morning to get caught up.

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

We stacked up this week so we could have half a day on Friday and are going to stack up next week to make up for being off all day Monday. Yea we have to work a little harder a few days but a long weekend will be worth it. It will also give me time to get one of the trucks into the mech. for a tune-up, and the other needs a good detailing. It also is my personal truck.
  7. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i usaully take off Monday's anyway...... ahhh, to be the boss.
  8. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

We work all holidays that fall on monday.
  9. satch

satch LawnSite Member

I thought every day was monday in this buisness.I will work but the two other guys will be off.
  10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Double time on labor day. I am taking it off. But only to work on my equipment.