lacewings?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by 44DCNF, Jul 23, 2008.

1. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

I am not real familiar with these, but the bug came up today in another thread and I remembered I had a shot of something I hadn't taken time to identify a few weeks back.

Would you say this is a lacewing larvae, based on the following photo, but at a different stage in developement? To me the coloration is not the same as either a brown or green lacewing. If not that what is it? I am not worried about them or wanting to treat, just curious and hoping they are also a beneficial.
    If this prints out like I expect, the first will be a file photo from Safer's site, the second photo is mine. Thank you.

Edited after further searching.....It is a beneficial, but I will let others guess as to what it is. I will say, it is a beneficial. I had never seen them in this stage before and was surprised to see what it was. I meant to type in lightning but larvae but typed something else, which is what it is.

[​IMG]

067.jpg

2. Prometheus

Prometheus LawnSite Member
    from EDEN FL

do all people look the same or is there different types?????

3. 44DCNF

nice entrance, welcome to lawnsite

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I believe your second pic is a ladybug larva, not a lacewing

5. 44DCNF

Correct! Funny how two similar looking larvae morph to such different adults.

Prometheus, I may have taken your comment wrong, but I do mean welcome aboard.

6. Prometheus

Prometheus LawnSite Member
    from EDEN FL

thanks I just finaly stoped lurking......

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

welcome ..............

8. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson LawnSite Senior Member

Damn you Kiril; beat me to the punch again!