Lack of Respect for Industry?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by txirrigation, Aug 1, 2011.

1. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Thats my approach. Do what ya can , but give em green grass.
  2. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

From the Texas Administrative Code:
    (1) all irrigation piping and valves must meet the separation distances from the On-Site Sewage Facilities system as required for a private water line in ยง285.91(10) of this title (relating to Minimum Required Separation Distances for On-Site Sewage Facilities);

3) any water from the irrigation system that is applied to the surface of the area utilized by the On-Site Sewage Facility system must be controlled on a separate irrigation zone or zones so as to allow complete control of any irrigation to that area so that there will not be excess water that would prevent the On-Site Sewage Facilities system from operating effectively.

Minimum Required Separation Distances for OSSF.
  3. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Interesting topic. When I started 40 yrs ago, everyone wanted the older guys to do their work. It was tough as an upstart. Gradually as I came of age, the Walmart mentality changed all that so that only price mattered as if irrigation was a commodity like a washer, dryer, computer, car etc.

Though stressful in some ways, the economy has rewarded me for my longevity, knowledge and adherence to quality work. I find many prospects today really carefully shopping and doing their diligence in making an informed decision. I used to get laughed out with my high price. Now I seem like a wise investment.
  4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

hey there, old-timer! :)
  5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

What's that great quote?: "Long after the price is forgotten, the quality is always remembered."
  6. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

sounds like a democratic conspiracy but I ran out of fingers to point
  7. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Do I count? seeing as how I have skimmed out a few zones with my skid during a landscape install or change on more than a few occasions. But have always restored or re-installed or had arrangement's made.
  8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i feel that all tradesmen look down on any trade other than their own, until a man walks in another's boots he may tend to feel superior to others.

the more trades that you learn, the more respect that you gain for the craftsmen. i happen to have been fortunate enough to have done a lot of different things in my life and have the utmost respect for a craftsman.
    pikers, hacks and shackers suck, but hey...............aint no one perfect
  9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

tis' true .... but it shouldn't stop people from trying to achieve perfection.
  10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

trenched this close because i was locating with my new pro-800 receiver and using a 4110 transmitter @84.4khz (i believe) the 800 was in broadcast. near perfect locate :cool2: