Lady Called Me, Well Ive Been Mowing It 4 Two Years, OK...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DSLND, Apr 13, 2006.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Went To take an estimate today for this ladys neighbor that i took a bush trimming estimate for and she said some YOHOO was mowing it so i called the lady earlier in the day and i said i would take the estimate around 4:00 get there and some guy with a JD lawn tractor behind a 150 with a little 5x8 trailer and said hes been mowing it for 2 years so im standing there with my measuring wheel and im like she called me and then hes like whatever and i didnt want any trouble so i went put the wheel back on the trailer and me n my dad left and i got home and called and left the lady a message saying i didnt take the estimate and didnt want to cause any trouble and said i would do it tomorrow or saturday. What would you Do in this scenario? Ever Happened? I told the lady if i were to mow then she should call the guy and tell him . But i want no trouble with the guy? What Do You Think I should OF DOne? -Mitch-

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I would have done the estimate anyways. That's what she wanted you to do!!:dizzy:

3. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

ever heard of punctuation.

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Have you ever heard of correct grammar and proper punctuation?

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I would have done the same as you.

6. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

I would have just eyeballed it, called and left the estimate.

7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Don't be so hard on the Kid!!!! I understood what he was asking.

8. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Depends on who it was mowing, if it was the guy on the tractor, YES i would have done the estimate. If i was one of my main competitors that is 40% larger than me, i would come back later, just to avoid any problems

9. OutdoorExtras

OutdoorExtras LawnSite Member

Were you measuring for mowing? If so why?

Next time come back 20 minutes later when the guy is finished. IMO it's pretty cold to approach the current provider and tell them that you're there to bid for their work. It also gives them a heads up to try and work things out with the homeowner.

10. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

She is not happy with who she has do the est.