1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

laef vac question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by green thum, Aug 14, 2005.

1. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

This is my first season doing fall clean ups and was wonering if anyone uses a leaf vac?I am looking at a billy goat with the extendable hose for getting in beds.thanks for the help.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I have the billy goat. Don't waste the money on the hose, it sucks. You loose so much vacuum power by having it on there too. I tried it on mine and took it off after the first job. You are MUCH better off blowing out the beds with a blower onto the lawn then vacuuming up the lawn with the billy goat. I like mine a lot, it saved a lot of time too. Good Luck Oh, don't wast the money on the shreddrer kit either. It sucks too, it will clog no matter what! Believe me, i know that one by experience!

3. Hometown

Hometown LawnSite Member

I use a billy goat but only as a truck loader. I have a 8hp model and the hose kit and it loads all the debris I can feed it into my 8ft dump.They sell a hose and adapter kit to convert (my model) into a truck loader and it works for me great I would not go back to bagging the stuff again or trying to load it by tarps or by hand.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Wait, are you talking about a leaf vac that you walk behind to vac up leaves or something attached to your truck or trailer. If you are talking about a leaf vac that you walk behind around a yard and vac up the leaves than my first post applies but if it is other than that then i have no idea. look at my signiture thats what i have. 5.5hp B&S engine. Good Luck!

5. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

Sorry to be so vauge,I'm talking about a leaf vac you walk behind.thanks again!