Lake irrigation pump relay, control box housing

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by tonydirks, Jul 8, 2012.

1. tonydirks

tonydirks LawnSite Member

I am installing a lake irrigation system. I am wondering if anyone out there would mind sharing some pictures on how they have done the setup at the dock. This system will have the pump (in the lake obviously), pump start relay, a 32 gallon pressure tank, and the controller all setup on the dock. I am just needing a few creative ideas on how to design the whole dock system and make it with an enclosure.

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Why PSR and a pressure tank?

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I would rather have the controls on dry ground, and keep the pump away from the dock.

4. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Why a submersible pump as opposed to centrifugal?

Ditto to the above...

5. tonydirks

Because this is how this system is going to be, for reasons to long to list here. And this was not the question that was asked?

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Sorry. I have no pictures of a bad design.

7. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I have zero experience with lake systems. Why would a centrifugal pump be better than a sub? I find with wells it is the opposite.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. tonydirks

Explain your reasoning as to why this is a bad design?

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

many codes absolutely forbid a submersible pump in open water, even if said water was entirely on your property

10. tonydirks

I am in Missouri, "the land of no codes", unless you live in or near a few of the cities in the state. Which I do realize that is also something to consider that codes wouldn`t allow it so why do it. But it is also how the homeowner wanted it and so.... "the customer is always right"