lake site water course

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by manfromearth, Jul 29, 2006.

1. manfromearth

manfromearth LawnSite Member

I'm in Alabama and do landscape work, including plantings and hardscaping. I have a client that wants a water course (about 25' long) spilling into his lake. I assume I should use a liner even though containment isn't an issue and that I'd use a submersible pump attached to a pallet and sent into the lake. I'm a fairly experienced pond builder, but I have not done one of these. Any advice would be most welcomed. Thanks

2. me1223

me1223 LawnSite Member

How big is his lake? What is the soil like? Will the ground let water run over it or will the land let the water sink back into the ground. I would say use a liner, you don't want to have to do the job twice.

3. jd boy

jd boy LawnSite Member
    from nw ohio

of course use a liner, it would be absolutely foolish not to.
    there is nothing different when building this that a self contained pond/ stream.

In fact it is even easier because a little leak here and there will go unnoticed. unlike a if you built the pond a the water level can closely be monitored.

4. manfromearth

manfromearth LawnSite Member

I sort of thought that about the liner....any tips on submersing a pump into this lake.....I believe it to be about a 10 acre lake.....what kind of pump (a continuous duty sump style pump mounted onto a pallet, maybe?, how far out to situate it, any electrical issues (or should I hire an electrician for that part of it)....Thanks again